Mandy and Jason Post from Ireland share stories of student ministry in this 3 minute video. Recipe below.
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- one large onion chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic minced
- 2-3 sliced or chopped chilies
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 cans of corn (or 2 cups frozen corn)
- 2 cans of beans, drained and rinsed (kidney beans, black beans, pinto beans)
- 2 cans stewed or chopped tomatoes
- 1 16 oz can tomato sauce
- 2 packages taco seasoning (or add your own seasonings to taste: salt, cumin, chili powder, paprika)
- corn tortilla chips
- sliced or cubed avocado, sour cream, and cheddar cheese for toppings
On medium high heat, sauté the onions and garlic in the olive oil in a large soup pan till soft, about 2-3 minutes. Add the chilies and cook for 1-2 more minutes. Add the ground beef and brown until cooked through. Once meat is finished cooking, add the corn, beans, tomatoes, and tomato sauce, mixing well. Then stir in the taco seasoning, and let the soup simmer for 15-20 minutes on low heat. Serve over tortilla chips with desired toppings. Enjoy!
Want to share this post?
- Share this link with your friends on social media with a story of how a bowl of soup brought people together for Gospel conversations.
- Use the hashtag #NationalSoupMonth and tag @WorldVenture
Header Image by NakNakNak from Pixabay