By Matt Shiner, a mentor
Have you ever been in a long line, and finally reach the end to find there’s yet another long line? It reminds me of life in the US Army, or finally getting into an event only to find the restroom line is also a long wait!
This is the life of Imama and her family. One long wait was for the evacuation options to materialize. The better option has been officially approved, and the entire family will be evacuated together to a European country. But they have no idea when the evacuation will occur!
The recent news that Al-Qaeda leader, Ayman al-Zawahiri was killed in a CIA drone strike on July 31 has put everyone on high alert.
Meanwhile, an unrelated complication arose.
The Taliban required them to register in the safe house by providing the identity of each person there. God provided a different safe house, and all the highest-risk members were moved to it. At some point, the whole family will be reunited in the first safe house, but we don’t know when that will happen.
One final note about the family member who broke several bones. He has received good medical attention and is healing well. Thank you for your prayers!
Leave a note below for Imama, and we will pass it along to her family.
- Pray for peace in Afghanistan and that the opportunity to evacuate will come to pass and the weight of this wait will be lifted!
How long, O Lord? Will you forget me forever?
How long will you hide your face from me?
How long must I take counsel in my soul
and have sorrow in my heart all the day?
How long shall my enemy be exalted over me?
– Psalm 13:1-2 (read the whole Psalm here)
On your social media or in the comments, answer the following question.
- What are your favorite Psalms and why?
- Write out a prayer for Imama and her family.
- A Women’s Rights Activist Endangered and left Behind
- The long Wait Begins
- Afghanistan: Fuzzy Evacuation Options
- Plans Made, Plans Change, Molding Into God’s Plan
- Being Certain Of The Things We Can’t See
- Support Matt by clicking here.
- Is God calling you to GO? Complete this form to start a conversation.
- Book suggestions
- How to Practically Help Refugees
Header image by Mohammad Husaini on Unsplash