In the previous chapter of Imama’s life, we discussed plans – making them and then following God’s lead (Proverbs 16:9). That was penned in early October, and we concluded by asking the Lord to lead Imama and her family into a European country in two weeks. Now, here we are, still waiting twelve weeks later, on the eve of 2023.
These days, and every day, we rely on Hebrews 10:23, “Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful.”
We shared this prayer with Imama:
God, I am holding tightly to my hope in You. I trust that You are faithful and I believe that You will always fulfill Your promises. Thank You for promising to bring justice to unjust situations. Thank You for promising to fulfill Your plans for my life. Thank You for promising to return to Your people. You are faithful, Lord – and I will trust You. In Jesus’ name, Amen.
Imama can look back and observe that God has already rescued them from the Taliban. Since they got out, it has tightened its grip:
- The Taliban recently demanded that NGOs release (fire) any women employees
- The Taliban created a list of those people who may not depart the country for any reason
She responded with, “I will tell you the details of exit from Afghanistan one day. It was a very very bad day. I thanks God for all his help. I also pray for people who are in danger. May Gad safe them from every bad things.”
Dear reader, to conclude this chapter, please pray Hebrews 11:1 with us for Imama, “To have faith is to be sure of the things we hope for, to be certain of the things we cannot see.”
As this verse is shared with her to begin the new year, may God’s word permeate her soul, and bring her and her family the peace that passes all understanding.
In the comments here, write out a prayer or encouraging words for Imama. Matt will pass along your messages.
Catch Up On Imama’s Journey:
- Plans Made, Plans Change, Molding Into God’s Plan
- Afghanistan: The Wait Becomes Weighty
- Fuzzy Evacuation Options
- The Long Wait Begins
- A Women’s Rights Activist Endangered and Left Behind
- Would you like to explore different ministries or countries to serve in, or find a Global Worker or project to support? Click here.
- Viewing World Events Through Three Lenses
- Learn more about Matt Shiner, click here.
- The Sweetness of The Gospel
- Escape From Ukraine